About the PE and sport Premium Funding
We believe that the Sport Premium funding should support three key areas: physical education, healthy & active lifestyles and participation in competitions and local initiatives in the community. Our rationale at Hever Primary School is that the funding should be used in a fully inclusive manner, to benefit all pupils, not just those who excel in sports. We believe in nurturing talent and in giving opportunities to try a range of sports.
The PE and sport premium funding is used to secure improvements in the following areas:
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport