Scroll to content
School Logo

Hever C of EPrimary School

Building the confidence and resilience to flourish

Website Login


If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the following 'FAQs' and web links useful.

Frequently Asked Questions


What do I do if...?


I need to contact the school?

If you need to contact the school, please telephone 01732 862304 or email


My child is ill?

If your child is too ill to attend school, please contact the school by 8.30am on the first day of your child's absence. Parents can choose to telephone the school and leave a message on the absence line or notify the absence using  ParentMail. Parents should regularly update the school and advise when the child is returning. A written note or an email explaining the absence must be provided upon the child's return to school.  In the event of your child being absent without notification, the school office will telephone you in an effort to establish where your child is. An absence will be noted as unauthorised if a note/email has not been received within 2 weeks of your child’s absence. In the event of your child suffering from sickness or diarrhoea, we would ask that you keep them at home for 48 hours following the last bout. (This is 24 hours after the last episode, plus 24 hours recovery time.)


My child requires medication during school hours?

We would respectfully ask that parents administer prescription medicines at home prior to the start of the school day. Many antibiotics are required to be taken three times a day and it is possible for a child to have a dose immediately before school, another after arriving home and a last one at bed time. This would remove the need for a dose in school time. However, this does not apply to the use of asthma inhalers, Epi-pens or other regular medications and staff will administer or oversee these treatments as necessary (see section below). Where it is unavoidable that medicine needs to be administered to a child at a specific time during the school day, the school is only able to accept prescribed medicines that are in-date, labelled and provided in the original container as dispensed by a pharmacist and must include instructions for administration, dosage and storage. Parents will also need to complete an 'Administration of Medication' form. School will keep a record of all medicines administered to individual children. 


My child has a specific medical condition?

If your child has a specific medical condition, please make sure you provide us with details on the consent form and the data collection form included in the Welcome Pack. Staff are advised of individual children’s medical conditions when necessary. For those children with conditions that require additional support (e.g. severe allergic reactions, diabetes, epilepsy etc.), the school will work alongside you, as parents, together with relevant healthcare professionals (if applicable) to devise an Individual Healthcare Plan. The majority of staff at Hever CEP School has undergone Paediatric Emergency First Aid training.


I need to collect my child during school hours for an appointment?

We understand that it is sometimes difficult to arrange urgent appointments outside of school hours. If your child has an appointment within school hours, please advise the office by email or in writing prior to the date. You will need to come to the school office to collect your child and sign them out of school.


My child is late to school due to an appointment?

If the appointment is early in the morning and your child is going to be absent from school for morning registration, please contact the school office to let them know that your child will be late. In the event of your child being absent without notification, the school office will telephone you in an effort to establish where your child is. On arrival at school, please bring your child to the school office and sign them in. Your child will then be taken to their class.


My child is being collected by someone other than a parent or guardian?

If your child is going to be collected by someone other than a parent or regular person, please email the class email address ideally before 1.00pm. Keeping children safe is of paramount importance to us and we would not let your child go with an adult that we either did not know or were not expecting to be collecting your child.


My child will be absent during term time?

In accordance with the Department for Education school attendance regulations which came into effect on 1st September 2013, headteachers are not permitted to authorise absence during term time for any holiday. An authorised absence is only ever considered in exceptional circumstances. If you do need to take your child out of school during term time, please fill in a request form. Our attendance policy contains further information on this. The school is required to keep a register of all absences which has to be submitted each year to the authorities.


My child has left something at home?

If your child has left something important at home that would be needed during the day (i.e. PE kit, homework, etc.), please bring it in to the school office. The office staff will make sure that the item is passed on to your child. Please ensure it is clearly named.


My child loses something at school?

There is a lost property box in school that parents are welcome to look through in search of missing items. Please help to reduce the chance of items going astray but clearly naming all items of clothing and other belongings, e.g. lunch boxes and drink bottles.


My child wants to bring in toys/games from home?

We do understand that some children like to bring their own personal possessions to school but unfortunately accidents do happen. We would respectfully request that your child does not bring treasured or valuable possessions into school, including any electrical devices. Any items brought in would be entirely at your own risk and the school would not be liable for any loss or damage incurred.


I need to see my child’s Teacher?

If you would like to have a chat to your child's teacher, please send an email to The office will then contact you to arrange a time for a meeting. Please be aware that the start of the school day is not the best time for a discussion with your child’s teachers as they are needed to supervise their class.


I need paper copies of communications from school?

We are happy to provide paper copies of communications from school. Parents are able to request paper copies for their child or family by contacting the school office. We are also happy to provide paper copies of information on this website free of charge.