Tasks for independence
Building Independent Skills
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
- Socrates (Classic Greek philosopher)
Independence promotes self-motivation, confidence and self-esteem.
Can you build your learning skills by completing these tasks independently? Sometimes you may need to work hard and think for yourself. You can do it!
- Get ready for the school day without being prompted - what will you need to do?
- Make your breakfast (adult supervision required if cooking).
- Get the items together that you need for the school day - what will you need?
- Set the table for dinner time.
- Clear the table after dinner time.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Help to cook dinner (adult supervision required).
- Clean the kitchen after cooking.
- Take the bins out.
- Clean your bedroom.
- Change your bed sheets.
- Clean your school shoes.
- Put your dirty clothes in the laundry basket.
- Put your clothes away when they have been washed.
- Feed and clean your pets.
- Water the plants.
Let me know if you have any more ideas – I look forward to seeing your independent skills!