Tasks for independence
Building Independent Skills
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
- Socrates (Classic Greek philosopher)
Independence promotes self-motivation, confidence and self-esteem.
Can you build your learning skills by completing these tasks independently? Sometimes you may need to work hard and think for yourself. You can do it!
Choose ten of the tasks, write them in a list and tick them off when you have completed them. Once you have done them once, offer to keep on doing them.
Take photos and send them to our class email.
- Get ready for the school day without being prompted - what will you need to do?
- Make your breakfast (adult supervision required if cooking).
- Get the items together that you need for the school day - what will you need?
- Set the table for dinner time.
- Clear the table after dinner time.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Help to cook dinner (adult supervision required).
- Clean the kitchen after cooking.
- Take the bins out.
- Clean your bedroom.
- Change your bed sheets.
- Clean you school shoes.
- Put your dirty clothes in the laundry basket.
- Put your clothes away when they have been washed.
- Feed and clean your pets.
- Water the plants.
Let me know if you have any more ideas – I look forward to seeing your independent skills!