Home Learning Information
Home Learning Work and Information
Please see this week's learning newsletter to find out what we will be learning in class. You can add photos of your child's home learning adventures to their Tapestry Journal.
Please encourage the following activities and open ended play opportunities:
- Talking with your child and co-playing with them. Follow their ideas.
- Reading books, to practise using phonics sounds and reading sight words.
- Listening to stories and telling stories.
- Writing for a purpose during play, using phonics sounds and sight words to write short words and sentences.
- Imaginative role-play with small-world characters or dressing up.
- Arts and crafts activities. Designing and making with recycled materials, drawing and painting.
- Maths games, puzzles and building construction models.
- Solving everyday number problems such as counting or adding groceries or household items.
- Fine motor activities such as cutting out pictures from magazines using scissors or making and playing with playdough.
- Playing in the garden to hunt for minibeasts, run, climb or play ball games.
Here are some website links to support your child's learning.
Here are some helpful videos:
- Advice for better home learning https://youtu.be/zMe5GZofNxo
- Reading with a very young child https://youtu.be/aUfVOa6k-ow
- Writing with a very young child https://youtu.be/RFp_k_0qKvk
https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/ - Phonics games
https://www.phonicsbloom.com/ - Phonics games
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/3-5-years - Maths games
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b08bzfnh/numberblocks - Counting practise
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ - PE with Joe
https://www.cosmickids.com/ - Yoga and mindfulness
Understanding of the World
https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ - Discover and explore the world around you
https://www.scouts.org.uk/ - 'Welcome to the great indoors!'
https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/ - 'Adventures at Home!'
Please read this document with information and links for Computing lessons at home:
Expressive Arts and Design
https://theimaginationtree.com/ - Early years creative arts and crafts activities
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub - Download and print fun home learning activity packs and watch lessons.
Good luck with all your home learning Acorns! We wish you and all your family well.
Mrs Harris and the Acorn Team